Treatment for Alcohol Addiction in Austin, TX
Many women struggle to find a supportive and caring treatment facility focused on their wellbeing and health. In fact, some women may fear the stigma often associated with alcoholism. But, it doesn’t have to be this way. When it comes to receiving treatment for alcohol addiction in Austin, we at Emerge Recovery TX provide women of all ethnicities a safe and caring environment designed to help you on your journey to recovery.
Understanding Alcohol Use Disorder
Alcohol Use Disorder, commonly referred to as alcoholism, affects thousands of Americans nationwide. The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) defines illness as a combination of alcohol dependence and abuse. Incorporated together, these two elements are what we refer to as alcohol use disorder.
Do I Need Help for Alcoholism?
We know that it can be challenging to understand the severity of alcoholism in an individual. Perhaps you, too, may have questions like, what are the signs of alcoholism? How do I know if I meet the AUD (Alcohol Use Disorder) criteria?
The DSM-V has defined 11 criteria an individual can possess should they be a candidate for AUD to simplify the matter.
- The person is consuming more alcohol than intended. Alternatively, the person is drinking alcoholic beverages for an extended period.
- The person is unable to cut back on the amount of alcohol consumed.
- The person has succumbed to sickness for an extended period due to alcohol consumption.
- The person cannot focus on tasks as a result of alcoholic cravings.
- The person is aware of the problem but continues to consume alcohol.
- The person is not actively participating in activities that were once considered important to themselves.
- The person puts themselves in dangerous/harmful situations.
- The person may continue to consume alcohol despite experiencing blackouts. Alternatively, the person continues to drink despite possessing other health problems.
- The person drinks more due to alcohol tolerance.
- The person experiences withdrawal symptoms.
As a general rule of thumb, medical professionals suggest that those who experience two or more symptoms within 12 months may potentially have mild AUD. However, the severity of the illness will depend on the range of symptoms and criteria met.
Types of Alcohol Treatment Options for Women
Seeking treatment for alcohol addiction in Austin, TX, can be all too confusing at times. Many types of alcohol treatment options are available at our women’s rehabilitation facility, but we are here to cater to your needs and lifestyle.
Emerge Recovery TX provides a wide range of alcohol addiction treatment options through our program in Austin, which include:
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Family Therapy
- Educational Groups
- Supportive Group Therapy & Process Group
- Drug & Alcohol Monitoring Programs
Where to Get Help for Alcoholism in Austin, Texas
We don’t doubt it; treatment for alcohol addiction in Austin can truly be a challenging task. Often, we find that women struggle to find a supportive and caring team that is focused not only on their alcohol detox journey but also on their mental wellbeing.
Here at Emerge Recovery TX, women can begin the journey to recovering from trauma and alcoholism. We are a team created by women, supporting strong women. At Emerge Recovery women receive evidence-based treatment options and trauma-integrated care.
We take pride in providing a supportive environment for women of all ages and ethnicities. So, talk to us today to learn more about the treatment for alcohol addiction in Austin, TX.